Use. Fix. Reuse. Repeat. Buy.
Submitted by Laura Shepherd on 23/09/2020 - Senior Marketing Manager
It is nearing the end of National Recycle Week in the UK and many of us have been looking at how we can recycle more often and more effectively. But have you ever considered furniture’s role in re-use and recycling? A British Heart Foundation survey of 2,000 first-time buyers and renters last October revealed that one-third of people had thrown away furniture that could have been sold or donated. These unwanted items often end up in landfill.
A circular way of furnishing your home
For the last 35 years we have rented our furniture and housewares to tenants, landlords and developers who have a temporary requirement. We stock everything needed for a comfortable home, from beds and sofas down to electrical items, linens and appliances - and it can all be rented from 1 month onwards. Renting extends the life of every piece, keeping more furniture out of landfills and reducing the amount of greenhouse gas produced.
When the furniture comes back to us, it's professionally cleaned and inspected, repaired if required and then sent back out to another renter. If we can’t rent it, we sell it in our retail store, where we sell gently used furniture at a discounted price. Purchasing previously leased and gently used furniture from CORT reduces waste and gives our customers access to furniture built to last at very affordable prices.
HOW IT WORKS:
- We invest in durable products manufactured to our high-quality standards and expertly maintain the pieces throughout their rental life at CORT.
- Our products are rented anywhere from two to six times, for a total of three to four years on average.
- This intentional longevity reduces waste.
- At the end of their rental life, furniture is sold through our CORT Furniture Retail Shop in Chessington into its forever home.
- The rental cycle generally produces some wear-and-tear on the furniture, but these pieces are thoroughly inspected, touched up, cleaned and prepped for sale.
A continuing effort
We’re always looking for more ways to make a postive impact: We protect our furniture during delivery, pickup and storage with reuse in mind. We’ve implemented a recycling initiative and we use state-of-the-art routing and logistics system to maximise fuel usage.
Be a sustainable part of the furniture revolution.
Whether you're furnising your own home, staging a house for sale, or considering a furniture rental solution for your BTR development. Speak to us today to find out more.
Email: [email protected]